Instructions for Essays
Papers Must be in a Word Document
1. Proper title: “Essay One” is not a title
2. Single space upper right-hand corner: Name, date,
assignment, instructor’s name
3. Title – centered – Line 12 – No cover page necessary.
4. Double space body of essay throughout
5. Indent paragraphs five (5) spaces. Change of subject,
point, or paragraph too long – start new paragraph.
6. Short nonfiction prose piece (essay).
7. Incorporate as many cultural terms as possible
8. Spell-check, proofread, read aloud.
9. Titles of books/articles: underlined, italicized, “in quotes”
and important words Capitalized. i.e. Spanish, English
10. One inch (1”) margins all the way around.
11. Page numbers not necessary.
12. No dangling sentences at end of page – need two lines of a
paragraph – minimum.
13. Turn off automatic formatting in Word – no extra spaces between paragraphs.
14. Help available on discussion board, or email if needed
15. Upload by appropriate due date and time.
16. Following directions is critical in college-level work.
17. Upload for each essay is set up within lesson content.
18. Make a good impression: correct spelling, correct grammar, correct punctuation